THG WORLDWIDE (ICM CONFERENCES & IMR FORUMS)
Director, HomeNET '99: Home Networking & Connectivity, Profiting from Developments in Gateways, Deployment, Distribution and Installation for the Residential, SoHO and MDU Markets
San Francisco, CA, July 27-29, 1999
- Recruited an unprecedented gathering of over 50 corporate executives to focus on the issue of home networking. HomeNET '99 will bring together an unprecedented cross section of executive home networking luminaries from every industry involved in home networking ever assembled to discuss emerging technologies and business strategies. 46 Different Corporations Total with over 50 VP executives speaking.
- Strategically planned HomeNET '99 to bring together decision making executives from the Cable , Computer Manufacturers, Consumer Electronics Manufacturers, Consumer Electronics Retailers, Energy, Environment and Security Home Management , Entertainment/Internet Content Providers, Home Builders & Construction, Home Electronics and Network Installing Dealers, Internet Service Providers, Internet/Interactive TV, Networks Products and Services Vendors, IT Venture Capitalists, Personal Computer OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) , Satellite Content Providers, Telecommunications, Television Networks, and Utilities Industries. In turn, HomeNET will provide unprecedented opportunities to network with decision makers and to forge business partnerships and alliances
- Located the event near Silicon Valley and forged a dozen media partnerships with the leading national home networking technical standards groups to insure that HomeNET will be the home networking media event of the year:
Served as the primary negotiator for Microsoft's lead sponsorship of the program
CABA -Continental Automated Buildings Association
CEMA - Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association
CIC -CEBus Industry Council (Home Plug & Play)
EPRI -Electric Power Research Institute
HOC -Home Office Computing/The Networked Home
HomeAPI -Home API Working Group
HomePNA - Home Phoneline Networking Alliance
HomeRF -Home Radio Frequency Working Group
IrDA -The Infrared Data Association
LonMark-LonMark Interoperability Association
OSGi - Open Service Gateway Initiative
VESA -Video Electronics Standards Association
Director, Enterprise Data Warehousing, San Francisco, CA, April 27-30, 1999
- Outstanding delegate evaluations for the production of an event on the #1 issue as surveyed by Information Week (Jan. 11, 1999) for IT managers.
- Recruited more than 20 corporate executives for presentations from leaders in corporate I/T who have successfully implemented data warehousing in some format, attracting the majority of IT professionals who have yet to launch or complete their own data warehousing efforts. With 18 case studies, EDW presented twice as many practitioner presentations then any other event on the market.
- Provided the lead sponsorship for the event. Out of the 700 conferences we produce annually this was Microsoft's first ICM sponsored event.
Director, The eBusiness Summit: Keystone, CO, August 23-26, 1999
- Initiated recruitment of 250 corporate executives, distinguished in management, finance or applying technology
- Formulated an unprecedented and innovative meeting structure to help ensure strategic IT alignment for corporate eBusiness. Inclusive are a symposium of case-study sessions, round-table discussions and pre-scheduled one-to-one strategic meetings between delegates and executives from leading IT and telecom corporations.
- Considering today’s coupling of data and voice networks, the exponential pace of technological advancement, the inevitable explosion of e-commerce and its effect on the global consumer market, and the glut of M&As The Summit will serve to strategically set the pace for corporate business in the 21st century.
- Programmed the HTML and designed website for the event: www.thgny.com
Director, The Data Quality Management Summit
Washington, DC, October 29th-30th & Silicon Valley, San Jose CA November 9th –12th, 1998
- In recognition of Quality month in October, 12 CIOs and CTOs including the CIOS of Blue Cross Blue Shield, the Census Bureau, the CIA, and 24 other top IT executives of several Fortune 500 companies, 21 of which are winners, finalists and laureates of the Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award, the Smithsonian Computerworld Awards and the CIO Enterprise Award programs were personally recruited for DQMS.
- In sum there were over 36 Case Studies on Data Quality Management from an insightful cross-section of industries.
- 10 of the companies were listed in the Fortune 100, including Prudential, Bell Atlantic Chase Manhattan, Met Life, Bank of America, GTE, Sara Lee, Xerox, AMEX, and Ameritech.
- DQMS was an unprecedented meeting of corporate IT practitioners, collectively presenting more than 19 SESSIONS on Data Quality Executive Management & Technology with supplemental interactive workshops with leading experts on data quality
FOREIGN POLICY ASSOCIATION
Director of Young Professionals Program
Recruited over 250 new members, increasing membership revenue 45%
Cut 46% of administrative expenses
Founded and edited monthly newsletter
More than doubled the number of annual events.
Associate Director of Development
Deputy Director for funding three million dollar budget
Assistant Director of Meetings
Director of 7th Annual International Careers Seminar & Job Fair - over 1,300 participants from over 245 cities in over 30 states and 60 companies, generating unprecedented $24,000 net revenue. Attendance increase over six previous years – 500%
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Director of Student Programs, SIPA Student Association
Graduation Ceremonies Marshall
Dean’s Student Liaison & Newsletter Editor
Program Research Assistant Fellowship
Founder/Director: Foreign Language Exchange
President & Provost Student Initiative Grant
Events Director, Institute of Latin American & Iberian Studies
Lawyers Committee for Human Rights Intern
Burton R. Brazil Scholarship, SJSU, Department of Political Science, 1991
Minority Graduate Student Fellowship, SJSU, Fall 1991
Program Research Assistant Fellowship, Columbia University, SIPA, '93-'94
President and Provost Student Initiative Fund Grant, Columbia University, Fall 1993
Marshall for the School of International & Public Affairs Graduation, 1994
Resume Page One
Resume Page Two
Skills, Community Service, & Academic Honors